City map Dordrecht
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of City map Dordrecht
Burgemeester de Raadtsingel
C. de Wittstraat
van Baerle Plantsoen
Het Hof vanNederland
direction Stadswerven, Papendrecht, Biesbosch National Park and Sliedrecht
Burg. de Raadtsingel
eerste 24 uur gratis
Mill "Kyck over den Dyck"
Citybus lijn 10C
Citybus lijn 10
Citybus lijn 10Citybus lijn 10
Citybus lijn 10
City map DordrechtBiesboschNational Park
How to reach Biesbosch National Park?
Information centre Biesbosch
National Park5 km
BooQi products are produced under license andare subject to design registrations and trademarks. Booqi Media Solutions BV www.booqi.comcall +31 (0)20 7163151
Sight of interest1 Grote Kerk (medieval church)2 National Medical Museum3 City Hall4 Library (Gulden Os)5 Van Gijn House6 Museum 1940-19457 Dok Straatman (industrial heritage)8 Pakhuis Stokholm (monumental house)9 Dordrecht Patrician Residence10 Damiatebrug (monumental bridge)11 Groothoofdspoort (monument)12 't Zeepaert (monumental house)13 Bonifatiuskerk (monumental church)14 Nieuwkerksplein (square)15 Pictura (monumental exhibition/artcentre)16 De Munt (monumental building)17 Rechtbank Dordrecht (court)18 Augustijnenkerk (monumental church)19 Berckepoort (monumental building)20 Het Hof van Nederland & Regionaal Archief Dordrecht (archive)21 Kloostertuin (former monastery garden)22 Dordrechts Museum23 Cinema The Movies24 Arend Maartenszhof (courtyard)25 Regentenhof (courtyard)26 DordtYart (exhibition centre)27 Villa Augustus (restaurant, hotel, garden) 28 Cinema Kinepolis 29 Energiehuis, centre for performing arts Poppodium Bibelot and Popcentrale 30 Mill 'Kyck over den Dyck'31 Kunstmin Theatre32 Central Station33 Duurzaamheidscentrum Weizigt (nature education centre)34 National Museum of Education (De Holland)35 Townhall
Free parking for 24 hours (caution, tickets are required)
Bicycle parking free & guarded
Cycle route network
Food & drinks
Starting point Dordtevaar
Starting point Imbarcazione Barone
Publisher: Dordrecht MarketingDesign: BuroGeus creatie & communicatie
Print: Graon grafische communicatie
eerste 24 uur gratis
11. HET HOF VAN NEDERLANDHet Hof van Nederland: the start of Holland. It was here in the Statenzaal that the First Assembly of the Free States was held in 1572, a first step into the foundation of The Netherlands. After thorough renovations Het Hof van Nederland opened its doors March 2015. The history of Dordrecht and The Netherlands is tangible via interactive exposition halls and audiovisual shows. Hof 6 | www.hethofvannederland.nl
14. THE DORDRECHT MUSEUMThe Dordrecht Museum, founded in 1842, is an important museum for Dordrecht and one of the oldest museums in The Netherlands. The museum owns an impressive collection of paintings from national as well as international artists with, for example, great works from Ary Scheffer, Ferdinand Bol and Aert Schouman. On a regular base the museum organises different expositions, showcasing modern and contemporary art. Museumstraat 40 | www.dordrechtsmuseum.nl
12. EVENTSDordrecht is an attractive city with a diversity of events scheduled all year round. These include colourful smaller events as well as bigger events. Some of the most noteworthy events include music festivals and the annual Dordrecht Christmas Market.www.discoverdordrecht.com
13. VILLA AUGUSTUSThe Wantij territory, with two unique monuments, is situated just outside the city centre. The water tower, a former storage room for water, is now a hotel and the pump building serves as a restaurant and market caf. The monuments are surrounded by beautiful vegetable gardens and glass houses, which are the heart of Villa Augustus as all produce from the gardens is used in restaurant dishes and sold in the market caf. Oranjelaan 7 | www.villa-augustus.nl
The Dordtevaar is an electric boat that sails through the historic harboursof Dordrecht from April to October. This tour goes off the beaten trackand reveals sights that would otherwise stay hidden such as beautiful bridges and colossal warehouses. Imbarcazione Barone offers similar tours for smaller groups and water taxi services in Dordrechts surroundings, for example to Rotterdam or the World Heritage site of Kinderdijk.www.dordtevaar.nl | (0031) 78 6130094 www.ibarone.nl | (0031) 6 21435005
3. Histouric Harbours
Dordrecht, a city of water, history and culture. The city embraces its richhistory as it has known prosperity over the centuries as a prominent trading centre and hosted the first meeting of the States of Holland in 1572, which resulted in the foundation of The Netherlands. Nowadays history is still present and visible via the countless number of monumentsin Dordrecht. Next to its history, water has also formed the city of Dordrecht. The battle with water that Dordrecht has always fought, has given the city its character, picturesque inner harbours, but also the unique Biesbosch National Park. Discover the oldest city of Holland and feel the atmosphere of a city that continues to write history.
15 THINGS TO DO & SEE IN DORDRECHT
In the Middle Ages Dordrecht developed, due to its strategic location on several wide rivers, itself into a prominent trading centre for wine, wood, sugar and grain. The historic harbour area is where all the trading took place, which nowadays operates as an idyllic berth for pleasure yachts, old canal barges and steam boats. A stroll through this area will show Dordrechts history and provide some mouth dropping views.
4. CULTURE IN DORDRECHTDordrecht is a city of culture. The Energiehuis is the centre for performing arts in Dordrecht. Music venue Bibelot programmes national and international artists at the Energiehuis. After major renovations theatre Kunstmin reopened in November 2014. Next to that museums like Van Gijn House, the National Museum of Education, the Dordrecht Patrician Residence, Museum 1940-1945 and the National Medical Museum with both permanent collections and temporary shows add flavour to the cultural character of Dordrecht.
5. Food And Drinks
NEED MORE INFORMATION?Intree Dordrecht is the starting point for a visit to Dordrecht. The official Tourist Information Office (VVV) is part of intree Dordrecht and offers all information about events, culture, nature, leisure activities and walking tours.
Address:Spuiboulevard 99, 3311 GN DordrechtTel. (0031) 78 6322440 www.visitdordrecht.nl
15. Boat Tours
ACCESSIBILITY The city of Dordrecht has purposefully chosen to extend the peaceful character of its historic city centre which leads for the centre to be low-traffic. There are several car parks and other parking facilities close to the city centre, for example parking lot Weeskinderdijk (free for the first 24 hours). The city centre can also be reached via different forms of public transport. From Rotterdam and surrounding cities the aqua liner (Waterbus) serves two stops in Dordrecht. Dordrecht Central Station is situated at a ten-minute walking distance from the city centre. Moreover the so-called citybus number 10 has stops in the heart of the city centre.
Monday: 10.00h 18.00h*Tuesday to Friday: 09.00h 18.00hSaturday: 10.00h 17.00h Every first and last Sunday of the month: 12.00h 17.00h
* 15 October to 15 April: Monday: 12.00h 18.00h
1. ART & ANTIQUESDo you love to stroll around and find that hidden gem? Dordrecht has many remarkable art shops and antiquarians. There is a varied range of shops, from second-hand bookshops to small antiquarians and stylish art galleries. The areas of Voorstraat-Noord, Vlees houwerstraat, Wijnstraat and Grotekerksbuurt are well known for their art and antique shops. In addition to the regular opening times, participating shops of the walking tour Kunstrondje Dordt have special openings every first Sunday of the month.
2. MEDIEVAL GROTE KERK OF DORDRECHTThe Medieval Grote Kerk of Dordrecht, with its indisputable leaning tower, is one of the most remarkable sights in Dordrecht. The Gothic style built church has an impressive exterior and interior with beautiful chapels, choir stalls and a unique Bach pipe organ. A climb up to the top of the tower of the Dordrecht Minster, via 275 steps, will guarantee a magnificent view over the city. Lange Geldersekade 2 | www.grotekerk-dordrecht.nl
Free city mapIncluding all major sights and highlights
The Scheffersplein, Statenplein and the Groothoofd are good places to have lunch, dinner or drinks. From early spring one can enjoy a bite or a drink on one of the many terraces on the Scheffersplein. Next to that, the eating places at the Groothoofd offer a unique view during lunch or dinner with three waterways that come together here. The inner harbours and several smaller streets also offer unique restaurants, secret lunch spots and terraces to enjoy a day or night out in Dordrecht.www.discoverdordrecht.com
6. MONUMENTSThe countless number of monuments in the city centre of Dordrecht showcase the citys rich history. Architecture styles vary from Gothic to Jugendstil and Neoclassicism. Remarkable buildings worth a visit are the City Hall and properties like t Zeepaert and Stokholm. Every second weekend of September, during National Heritage Day, over fifty historical buildings and sites open to the public free of charge. Besides opening their doors, many locations also organise on-site activities like exhibitions, musical performances and guided tours.www.visitdordrecht.nl
7. TAKE A WALKING TOUROne of the best ways to see the most of the beautiful city centre of Dordrecht is to discover it on foot. The tourist office intree Dordrecht | VVV offers different walking tours such as the city walk Rondje Dordt, which shows the most iconic places in the historic centre. Guided city walks are available on request.More information about different walking tours can be obtained from intree Dordrecht | VVV, Spuiboulevard 99 www.visitdordrecht.nl
8. NIGHTLIFEDordrecht is the perfect place for a fun night out. Go out for a night of dancing in the intimate club Dolhuis or visit one of the many concerts at music venue Bibelot. You can also enjoy a bite and a drink at one of the many bars around town. Be sure not to miss the industrial Khotinsky or, if you are into wine, try Wine Bar Brut.
9. SHOPPINGThe city centre of Dordrecht is the perfect place for a shopping dayout. Over the years the city centre has been renewed and its shopping facilities have improved with a wide and attractive offer of shops in the shopping streets surrounding the Statenplein. Moreover the Statenplein and Sarisgang host a weekly market on Friday and Saturday. In addition shops in the city centre are open every day of the week and have late openings every Thursday. www.discoverdordrecht.com
10. BIESBOSCH NATIONAL PARKWithin its borders the city of Dordrecht has a beautiful nature reserve and wildlife area; the Biesbosch National Park. The park is situated only five kilometres from the city centre of Dordrecht and is the perfect getaway for adventurers and nature lovers. Explore the area and its indispensable water on foot, by boat or kayak, discover its wildlife and maybe spot a beaver!Baanhoekweg 53, Accessible by car, aqua liner and public bus